Hypertherm powermax30 XP is a handheld professional class plasma cutter. It is capable of both cutting and metal gouging. An exclusive "Two-in-One" design allows it to deliver optimum versatility. It is a 1-Phase dual input voltage capable cutter that runs off either 120 VAC or 240 VAC at 50/60 Hz. It features auto-voltage technology that facilitates a user the convenience of plug and play usage. The power supply unit is an IGBT-Inverter type with a maximum output current of 30 Amp. It is a fast cutter while offering extended life for consumables. It is compatible with compressed air and nitrogen as plasma gas. So, we will outline all the faculties of the Hypertherm Powermax 30 XP Plasma Cutter in the following story.
Key Features of Hypertherm Powermax 30 XP Plasma Cutter
The Hypertherm 30xp features a unique two-in-one design. It uses a high-power cutting process on thick metals. In the case of thin metals, it employs a high-quality cutting that achieves a detailed cutting with a clean edge and narrow kerf. So, it is a versatile cutter with easy use.
The Powermax 30XP is a dual-voltage plasma cutter that has auto-voltage technology. It is directly pluggable into 1-PH, 120-240 VAC, and 50/60 Hz power receptacles. The auto-voltage automatically identifies the type of input voltage. Plug adapters for 120 V and 240 V will come with the system.
Hypertherm Powermax30 XP Plasma Cutting System
Duramax Hand Torch
The Powermax 30 XP includes a new Duramax Lock standard handheld torch. Duramax is a trademark of Hypertherm. The Duramax LT torch is so rugged that it can endure well impact and heat conditions.
The Hypertherm Powermax 30XP has special patented FineCut consumables. FineCut consumables contribute to greater consumable efficiency. FineCut consumables are especially effective in cutting thin metals. Overall, the design of the consumables allows them to make superior quality cuts that require less edge preparation.
On average, the 30XP consumables are 70% more efficient. So, it is safe to say that these consumables last two times longer to make metal cutting less costly.
- Maximum cutting current: 30 Amps
- Cutting power: 3.8 kW
- Rated output DC voltage: 125 VDC
- Duty cycle @ 40° C (104° F): 35% for 240 V and 20% for 120 V
- Minimum cutting current: 15 Amps
Fast Cutting Capability
The recommended cutting capacities of the Hypertherm 30XP plasma cutter are 3/8 inch (10 mm approx) at a cutting speed of 20 inches per minute (IPM) and 1/2 inch (13 mm approx) at 10 IPM. The severance cut capacity of the cutter is 5/8 inch (16 mm approx) at 5 IPM. During high speed cuts, it increases the cutting power by 50%. Such high cutting power aids in the quick completion of a task.
While cutting with 120 VAC input power, it is preferable to use a FineCut nozzle and deflector. At the maximum recommended cutting current of 25 Amps, the cutting thicknesses are 1/4 inch at 19 IPM, 3/8 inch at 8 IPM, and 1/2 inch at 3 IPM.
Reliable & Lightweight
The Hypertherm Powermax 30XP plasma cutter can deliver reliable performance certified by Hypertherm in challenging environmental conditions. It is a compact, lightweight system. A plastic carrying case offers good protection and portability for the machine and related stuff.
The Powermax 30XP plasma cutter does not need expensive and explosive gases. It works with either clean, dry, oil-free compressed air or nitrogen for plasma gas. The required gas flow rate at its inlet is 4 Standard Cubic Feet per Minute (SCFM) at a pressure of 80 PSI.
For a 3.8 kW power output, the Hypertherm powermax 30XP will require a 25.5 Amp circuit on a single phase, 120 V, 50/60 Hz line. On a 1-phase, 200 – 240 V, 50/60 Hz line, the machine will require a 22.5 – 18.8 Amp circuit.
Engine Driven Welder Compatible
The Hypertherm Powermax30 XP is compatible with power provided by Engine Driven Welder. It can produce its maximum capacity cutting current of 30 Amp when powered by an Engine Driven Welder of 5.5 kW output power.
The Hypertherm plasma cutter 30 XP can cut any electrically conductive metal, such as stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminum. Even it can cut rusted or painted metals. Also, it is a gouging capable cutter. This cutter has wide applications in maintenance, automotive repair, vehicle customization, agriculture, farm, HVAC, fabrication, metal art, fire and rescue, and DIY works.
The Hypertherm powermax 30 XP plasma offers some one-off cutting processes, such as-
- Drag cutting - Cutting by dragging the torch directly across the work surface.
- Extended reach cutting - To provide improved visibility and accessibility when cutting in confined areas.
- Extended reach gouging - Provides improved visibility and accessibility when gouging in confined places.
- Fine feature cutting - Yields narrow kerf width with minimal dross and heat affected zone.
Certification & Warranty
The Canadian Standards Association (CSA) certifies the Hypertherm plasma cutter 30 for use in America and Asia without China. It is a USA manufactured machine. The power source holds a 3-year warranty, and the Duramax torch carries a 1-year warranty.
The Hypertherm company is highly committed to its duty to preserve the environment without compromising on product quality. All the Powermax 30 XP plasma cutter machines fully conform to international environmental guidelines, including RoHS regulations.
What Includes with the System?
- Power source
- Duramax LT hand-held torch with 15 feet cable and standard consumables
- Work clamp with 15 feet cable
- 240 VAC/20 Amp plug with adapters for plugging into 120 VAC/15 Amp and 240 VAC/20 Amp circuits
- Consumable kit with standard nozzle (1), electrode(1), FineCut nozzle (1), and FineCut deflector (1)
- Plastic carrying box
- Shoulder carrying belt
- Shade 5 glasses
- Leather gloves
- User and safety manuals
Hypertherm Powermax30 XP Plasma Cutting System
Video: Hypertherm Powermax30 XP plasma cutting system Demo
FAQs About Hypertherm Powermax 30XP Plasma Cutter
Q: What are the operational variations between Powermax30 XP and Powermax45 XP?
- Rated cutting capacity of the 30XP is 3/8" (10 mm), for 45XP it is 5/8" (16 mm)
- 30XP is not usable for mechanized cutting. 45XP has both hand and mechanized usage
- 30XP is not compatible with CNC table, 45XP is compatible with CNC interface
- 30XP works with both 120 and 240 VAC input voltage. 45XP works only with 240 VAC
Q: Does the tip of Powermax 30 XP need to contact the workpiece to initiate cutting?
Hypertherm 30XP is a non-touch cutter. So, no need for the tip to contact the workpiece to start cutting.
In the above, we have tried our best to furnish detailed information on the Hypertherm 30XP. The versatility and reliability that this product offers are admirable. Its easy operation makes it equally appealing to professionals and hobbyists. We hope the above article has given you a clear concept about the Hypertherm Powermax 30 XP Plasma Cutter and that you enjoy reading it. Thank you!
- Miller Spectrum 625 X-TREME Plasma Cutter Review & Guide
- Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air Plasma Cutter Review & Guide
- Hobart Airforce 12CI Plasma Cutter Reviews & Guide
- Miller Plasma Cutter 375 Reviews – Definitive Guide!
- 10 Best Plasma Cutter 2024 – Reviews and Buying Guide
- Hypertherm Powermax 45 XP Review – Latest Update